Req ID 1248
The Information Systems Business Analyst is a vital team player in the IS department. The IS Business Analyst plans and conducts the analysis, design, testing, documentation, and deployment of new and existing technology solutions to meet TBN’s business and operational requirements; develops business process requirements and improvements; facilitates the development of priorities with managers; coordinates and participates in applications testing and problem resolution; executes quality assurance activities. In addition, this position operates as the subject matter expert providing technical and functional system analysis services to enable TBN to develop and implement software and technology solutions to meet business, operational and functional objectives.
In addition, the IS Business Analyst will establish and maintain technical and architectural documentation standards and mentor and provide leadership to technical resources conducting systems analysis.
- Analyze and document complex as-is and future business processes to turn business requirement into documents for procedures, applications, tools, and reporting
- Collect and develop detailed business and functional requirements across the enterprise.
- Serve as a liaison between the business and technical teams.
- Assist the Application Support team with troubleshooting and root-cause analysis.
- Troubleshoot issues with current software applications and interfaces, identifying potential solutions, and working with the development team to resolve them.
- Assist the development team with writing test cases, test scripts, and scorecards.
- Create, contribute to and organize operational procedures and user manuals
- Collect and Analyze data to identify risks and perform root-cause analysis on areas of risk.
- Establish and track action plans, working with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to identify solution options with pros/cons and present to various stakeholders and decision-makers.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, recommending actions.
- Schedule, facilitate, and document meetings with all levels of staff for purposes of discovery, presentation, review, approval, and problem resolution.
- Ability to answer questions, provide detail, address changes to requirements, and facilitate dialog across teams when issues and challenges are encountered to ensure the end product is delivered as specified.
- Create, maintain, and analyze metrics, KPIs, and reports for Software Applications.
- Contribute and facilitate the Continuous Improvement of Software Applications providing recommendations and action plans for enhancements and upgrades.
- Responsibilities extend to multiple projects, application enhancements, risk mitigations, and/or continuous improvement simultaneously.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology Computer Engineering or similar field
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst, Senior Application Support, or Senior Development position.
- Experienced in at least one of the following areas:
- CRM/Customer Service solutions. Donor management, transaction processing, and product fulfillment. (Donor Direct StudioEnterprise experience will be highly desired)
- Customer Engagement: Direct Mail processing, Call Center (inbound and outbound), email campaigns.
- Financial systems. All areas, including AP, AR, GL, Fixed Assets, Purchasing and Reporting (Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP will be highly desired)
- Knowledge and experience in financial transaction processing:
- Payment gateways and credit card processing
- Electronic Fund Transfers and ACH
- Highly proficient in gathering and developing detailed business and functional requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills so that a customer’s business needs are properly interpreted and translated into the application and operational requirements
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, effectively communicating in individual and group settings at all levels of the enterprise, from C-level positions to end-users and external vendors.
- Strong knowledge of systems capabilities, software platforms, and processes.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated report writing skills in either SQL Report Writer, Crystal Reports, or other reporting or BI platforms.
- Working familiarity with writing SQL queries, creating database views, and reading/writing basic stored procedures.
- Familiarity with the SDLC and software development.
- Knowledge of different development languages and software architecture will be highly desired.
- Proficient organizational and time management skills, multi-tasking, and working under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficiency with MS Office, MS Visio, and other documentation and organizational tools.